Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And There Was Much Rejoicing

The third book in the Time Rovers Series has winged its electronic way to Canada and my publisher's "In Box." There is much rejoicing here as Madman's Dance is a big mother, some 152.5K words. For comparison, Sojourn was about 123K. This is Sojourn on steroids. All total, the three books in the series add up to almost 400K words. Them be a lot of words.

It's my hope that some of those words will resonate with the readers. I'm taking a much deserved sabbatical as I muck out the house (dynamite and a scoop shovel seem to work very nicely) and then it's back to work. As Madman's Dance is my last contractual agreement with Dragon Moon Press, I'm turning my eyes toward a paranormal romance I've been screwing around with for over a decade and then to a quick polish of the fantasy series I self-pubbed in 2001 & 2002. Yes, those lovers of the DragonFire Fantasy Series may yet see Book #3 and the resolution of Morwyn & Belywn's saga. In the short term, however, it's up to me and my agent to get these in shape and in front of (hopefully) interested editorial type people in The Big Apple. Then, as they say, the rest is history.

Thanks for joining me on the ride. There will be more Rover books down the line, just not in the short term. And now where are those matches? I think the living room is ripe for detonation.

No comments: