Saturday, July 28, 2007

And There Was Much Rejoicing

VIRTUAL EVIL is off to the typesetter. While this might not be a big deal to the majority of the world's inhabitants, it is to me. I have lived and breathed this book since July 2006. It required a number of rewrites, including one after I submitted it to the editor. This one, to be blunt, has been a bitch. Now it is done and I am very happy. More to the point, I am very pleased with the book which is a good thing.

In keeping with the Harry Potter hype, the first two lines of VE are:

Firearms always enliven a party. Tonight was no exception.

And I can attest to the face that the last line in the book does NOT have the word "scar" in it.

Of course, my mind immediately shifted to Book #3 (MADMAN'S DANCE) which is due March 1 and is the end of the three-book story arc that started in SOJOURN. I'm trying to keep away from the computer, but its darned hard. It's like telling a firefighter not to go marching into a burning building. It's what I do.

And now to unearth my upstairs office. If I was a sadist, I'd post a picture of it, but I'm afraid I'd frighten people. Let's just say that it needs cleaning and leave it at that.

No comments: