Wednesday, June 23, 2004

On Interviews & Dinosaurs

I survived the weekend of four hour-long interviews and they went very well. Whew! All of the authors were great to talk to and we discussed such diverse subjects as vampires, the differences/similarities between Diana, Princess of Wales & Princess Grace of Monaco, identity theft and ghost hunting. Yes, I did read all the books. Give me a few more years of this and I'm going be the person you want on your Trivial Pursuit team.

Courtesy of David English (one of Leisure Talk's hosts) I became familiar with Eric Garcia's writing, in particular his (wait for it) dinosaur P.I. series. Yup, a dino P.I. The book is Anonymous Rex and I have it on audio tape. I've been cuing up my IPod every spare moment to listen to the exploits of the poor(modern day)schmuck who is just trying to make a living, find out who killed his partner and keep his dino identity secret. Cool premise and Eric's writing is a kick. I suggest you check him out.

Doing the final edits on the first fifty pages of my book so I can enter it in a contest. I'm having to generate a synopsis, which means I have to guess what is going to happen for the remaining 300+ pages. Sigh. I think I've got it. The contest offers excellent feedback and that's what I need right now.

Starting to have an Anonymous Rex withdrawal, so I'd best go.

Later...

No comments: