Tuesday, May 19, 2009

TimeGate 2009

While other author buddies are at Balticon this weekend, I'm staying in Atlanta for our local time travel convention - TimeGate. TimeGate showcases Dr. Who, StarGate and other time travel media. Check out their guest list -- it's way good. I never got hooked on StarGate, but I'm a Dr. Who fan from the 1980's so besides doing a guest gig, it's fun to listen to sit in on the panels.

I've coerced other authors to join me in the fun. In specific, Gillian Summers (the writing duo of Michelle Roper and Berta Platas) who pen really cool young adult books published by Flux. Bes sure to check them out.

So if you're in Atlanta this weekend, drop by. My schedule is as follows:

Friday, May 22
6:00 pm -- Guest Reception in the Consuite
8:00 pm -- Jasper Fforde Panel (Panel Room 1)

Saturday, May 23
12 noon -- Reading in the Consuite (The reading will include some bits from MADMAN'S DANCE (Time Rovers - Book 2) and a taste of my new young adult DEMON TRAPPERS novel. Maybe you can help me title the book!)

2:00 pm -- Fantasy Literature (Panel Room 2)

9:00 pm - TimeGate Cabaret (Panel Rooms 1 & 2) wherein guests and attendees perform various skits, music, etc. to benefit the Red Cross and the Fulton County Animal Shelter. I am taking part in Michelle & Berta's THE HAUNTED CHICKEN TRUCK OF LAKE LANIER radio show. Knowing these two, it'll be a hoot.

Sunday, May 24
5:00 pm -- Y.A. Literature (Panel Room 2)
6:00 pm -- Paranormal Romance Literature (Panel Room 1)

No comments: