Saturday, April 17, 2010

Of Coming Events

Breaking my radio silence to announce that the next couple of weeks are packed with event. Actually that should be events. Though my chat with a class at North Springs H.S. has to be rescheduled (they're having a pep rally) I'm on for two conventions back to back. And somewhere in the middle of all that my copy edits will be landing in my IN box. Luckily they're not due back until mid-May. (wipes brow in relief)

Both cons are in Atlanta because this year I'm staying pretty close to home. 2011? Let's not think about that for the moment. With the new series out there I'm going to be all over creation and most of it will involve flying. Ack.

But I digress....here's what's cooking at Convention The First -- JordonCon (Apr 23-25), the annual fan convention honoring the late Robert Jordon, author of the Wheel of Time Series. Why am I there you ask? JordonCon has a new writers track this year and I'm thrilled to be part of it. And as you will see, I have my work cut out for me.

My schedule is thus:

Friday, Apr. 23 (2:30 p.m.)
Ins and Outs of Getting Published
So you've written a book, now what? Jana Oliver explains the ins and outs of taking a finished manuscript and getting it published and into your readers' hands.

Friday, (5:30 p.m.)
Alternative Publishing by Jana Oliver and David Wong
Is your work too weird and wonderful for mainstream? Or do you just like to have control of your stuff? David Wong and Jana Oliver reveal the pros and cons of going it alone.

Saturday, April 24. (10 a.m.)
The Future of Publishing by Brandon Sanderson, Jana Oliver and David Wong
E-publishing, Amazon vs. Macmillan. Blogs and viral marketing. What does this all mean for writers and readers? What can we expect as technology develops and readers desire to interact more with writers?

Sunday, Apr. 25 (10 a.m.)
Book Building by Jana Oliver
Jana Oliver takes you through the process of creating a book from first concept to final edit.

Hope to see some of you this coming weekend. Local cons are more laid back for me (Dragon*Con being the exception) so I'll have time to prop up my feet and chat. For more information on the guests, the schedule and where the con is located please see JordonCon's
site
.

The weekend after that is AnachroCon, but I'll post more later on.

No comments: