Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Dream Realized

One of the traits of a successful author is that you just have to believe in yourself enough to keep rolling that rock up that mountain. You receive a rejection, you keep going forward. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. More times than not that dogged persistence pays off in the end. And so it has in my world.

I'm thrilled to announce that St. Martin's Press has purchased the first three books of my DEMON TRAPPERS Series, a Young Adult Urban Fantasy set in a dystopian Atlanta. My agent believed in this series as much as I did and found it a wonderful home at SMP. She rocks! I don't have publication dates yet, but I'll keep you posted as to when you can find my first NY-pubbed book in the stores.

As you can guess, there is much rejoicing in this household. The reality of this big step will come home to roost soon enough. Right now, I'm just glowing with the news.

So for all those writers who are aiming for this moment, keep trudging up the mountain. The view is breathtaking.

2 comments:

steve on the slow train said...

Congratulations! Well-deserved. And thanks for the encouragement.

Jana Oliver said...

Thanks, Steve!!!