Tuesday, November 21, 2006

NaNoWriMo 2006 Update

Woot! I made my 50K words last night. Lest you think this is deathless prose, please think again. It's pure crap. First draft POS as Nora Roberts would say. Which is exactly what it's supposed to be.

I am quite pleased with how NaNoWriMo forced me to write and not futz with scenes. I have a LOT of editing to do and 50K is nowhere near the end of a novel. I actually have another 10K on top of the WriMo total that didn't count because it was added before Nov. 1st. If I can add yet another 20K, I'm in good shape.

By the time I edit the book, clean up the missing characters, flesh out the scenes and tie it together with Book #2, I'm in great shape. Maybe next year I can actually turn my fingers to a short story or two. That would be very nice.

Congrats to all who took the NaNoWriMo challenge, whether they hit 50K or not. You're learning your craft and that's what counts.

No comments: